Monday, September 30, 2024

Watching “The Lady in the Van”, “Nobody Wants This”, and “Un cuento perfecto” while down with a cold

I've been down with a bad cold since Thursday, so I've been watching things. After honoring Maggie Smith (1934-2024) with Nicholas Hytner's "The Lady in the Van" (2015), I turned to the new Netflix series "Nobody Wants This", because I like Kristen Bell from "The Good Place". After that, I wanted something in Spanish, and I found a 2023 Netflix series "Un cuento perfecto", with Anna Castillo, whose work I knew from Salvador Calvo's "Adú" (2020). Castillo, like Bell, has such an expressive face. – And this "perfect story" is the first film or series I have ever seen that has a sex scene interrupted because the woman is having her period. (Andrew Shields, #111Words, 30 September 2024)

No comments: