Saturday, March 13, 2021

One year without in-person classes

One year ago today, I had my last in-person classes (111 Words a Day and an Emily Dickinson seminar). The University of Basel went online on for the rest of the spring semester Monday, 16 March. While some courses were taught in person when the fall semester started in September, all mine were online, and as the second wave hit much harder in Switzerland than in the spring, even those in-person courses went back online. By now, I've been able to adapt my talk-and-chalk teaching style to Zoom sessions, with me typing extensive notes during discussions, and I wonder how to adapt that to in-person classes when they finally start again. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 13 March 2021)

 

Blackboard from my last in-person class, a seminar on Emily Dickinson


No comments: