Tuesday, March 09, 2021

One year of writings about coronavirus

After starting my daily writing of 111-word texts on 1 January 2020, I first mentioned the coronavirus one year ago today. Since then, I have written 328 daily posts in all (having missed 37 days due to appendicitis), and at least 40 of those posts mention the coronavirus, Covid-19, or the pandemic. Many of them are about the crazy things Donald Trump said at his coronavirus briefings (remember those?), while in others I interpret the pandemic rhetoric of journalists and other politicians, ponder the effects on daily life of measures to control the pandemic, or connect it to texts I've been reading, whether by Franz Kafka, Jane Austen, or Charlotte Brontë. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 9 March 2021)

 

Note: This is a search result for all texts on my blog that have the word "coronavirus" in them (a few others refer to the "pandemic" or "covid" but not the "coronavirus", and I might have missed a few that alluded to the pandemic without using any of those words).



Taiwan Saw The Coronavirus Coming
Unknown  source

No comments: