Monday, August 21, 2023

Forty years ago, 20 and 21 August 1983: The Grateful Dead at Frost Amphitheater, plus Stevie Ray Vaughan at the Keystone Palo Alto on Sunday evening

Forty years ago yesterday and today, I went to the two Grateful Dead concerts at Frost Amphitheater at Stanford on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The Saturday show was the first time I heard "Shakedown Street" live, while the Sunday show was the first I heard "Let It Grow" live, which went on to become one of my favorite songs by Bob Weir. That Sunday evening, I then also went down to the Keystone Palo Alto to hear Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, who were touring on their debut, "Texas Flood", which had come out in June. I don't think I've ever gone to two different concerts on one day again. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 21 August 2023)

 

No comments: