Friday, January 06, 2023

My Federal Communications Commission Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit

While hunting for (and eventually finding) my daughter Sara's Social Security card from the United States (because we need the number for bureaucracy), I found another card that I still have from my life in the United States: a Federal Communications Commission Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit that I was granted on 6 August 1982 as part of my work at KZSU, the student-run radio station at Stanford University. Although I only started studying at Stanford that fall, I was able to start working at the radio station that summer. I worked at KZSU through June 1988, including a long stint as Jazz Director, and then again in the summer of 1990. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 6 January 2023)


No comments: