Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Arismar do Espirito Santo, Glauco Solter, and Mauro Martins at the Bird's Eye in Basel

Last Wednesday, I went to a wonderful concert at the Bird's Eye with a band led by guitarist Fabio Gouvêa. When I saw that drummer Mauro Martins was playing at the Bird's Eye again this evening, I changed my plans and went to hear him again, in Arismar do Espirito Santo's trio with Glauco Solter on electric bass. Arismar turns out to be one of the greatest musicians I've ever seen live: on seven-string nylon guitar, piano, and vocals, he plays with unbounded freedom, passion, and expression, with Solter and Martins tracking his every twist and turn with equally infectious enthusiasm, and with the audience singing along to close both sets. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 8 September 2021)

 

Arismar do Espirito Santo

 

No comments: