Thursday, November 03, 2022

Sending in my Michigan ballot for the midterm elections in the United States

I sent in my Michigan absentee ballot for the midterm elections in the United States weeks ago. I was especially pleased to vote in favor of the abortion-rights amendment to Michigan's state constitution, but I also fulfilled what I see as my duty to vote the straight Democratic Party ticket for the national House of Representatives and the Michigan State House and Senate, as well as more local offices. I only started doing so in about 2012, when I realized I am the kind of solid Democratic Party voter the party counts on to support them against a Republican Party that was already then becoming increasingly radicalized in its anti-government positions. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 3 November 2022)


No comments: