Friday, November 25, 2022

Reading a note about reading Hans Magnus Enzensberger in 2004 and re-reading him in 2017

In early 2017, when I reread several books by Hans Magnus Enzensberger, who died yesterday at 93, I posted several quotations from his poems in the course of several weeks – as I'm wont to do while reading poetry. But I also write notes in books: thoughts about lines, connections with other poems and other poets, and comments about what's going on as I read them. So one of my HME posts from 2017 is not about his poem but about my biography: "A note from the last time I read Enzensberger's "Leichter als Luft", next to the line 'dauernd wird jemand geboren' (people keep getting born): 20.4.2004, Luisa three days old." (Andrew Shields, #111words, 25 November 2022)


No comments: