Friday, April 15, 2022

Shingles vaccination: My ninth vaccination shot in just over eleven months

Starting on 11 May, 2021, when I got my first coronavirus vaccination shot, I have had three coronavirus shots, a booster shot for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis, three more for tick-borne encephalitis, and two for shingles. They've all had some effects afterward, though I have been lucky and not had very bad effects – until now. I got the second shingles shot yesterday, and I had a restless night with strange dreams (with Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Getting Back Together" as the soundtrack, since I heard my daughter listening to it yesterday) and spent the day with sore muscles all over my body. But that just means the vaccination works! (Andrew Shields, #111words, 15 April 2022)


No comments: