Thursday, May 13, 2021

Walking with my laptop case and channeling Forest Whitaker and Adam Driver

Since lockdown began last year, I have carried my laptop case up and down the stairs in my house several times a day. And often, I remember how Forest Whitaker as Ghost Dog in Jim Jarmusch's 1999 movie walks everywhere with his briefcase. Like me, he is carrying the tools of his trade – but as he is a hit man, they are guns, not a computer. Today, coming downstairs with my computer, I also remembered how Adam Driver as the bus driver Paterson in Jarmusch's 2016 movie always carries his lunch box – with lunch in it, of course, but also a book of poetry and the notebook of his own poems. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 13 May 2021)

 

Ghost Dog - Jim Jarmusch
Forest Whitaker with his briefcase in Ghost Dog

 

New York Film Festival 2016: Main Lineup Announced | Collider
Adam Driver with his lunch box in Paterson

No comments: