Tuesday, May 18, 2021

My courses for Fall Semester 2021

Yesterday, the University of Basel published the course schedule for Fall Semester 2021, which runs from Monday, 20 September, until Thursday, 23 December. I'll be teaching three sections of Academic Writing I, a course on poetry for future middle-school teachers, and a creative-writing course on poetry and songwriting. My MA Seminar will be on "Novels of 1962", which began as a reason to teach James Baldwin's "Another Country" again, and now also features Shirley Jackson's "We Have Always Lived in the Castle", William Melvin Kelley's "A Different Drummer", and Doris Lessing's "The Golden Notebook." I'm glad to see that, at present, all the courses are scheduled to be held in person. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 18 May 2021)

 

Another Country : James Baldwin : 9780141186375

 

No comments: