Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fourth Daily Poem Project, Week One Results

THE FOURTH DAILY POEM PROJECT, WEEK ONE RESULTS

The winner of the first week of my fourth Daily Poem Project is Alison Brackenbury's Edward Thomas's daughter, which received a clear plurality: 7 votes out of 18 cast.

In second place was Bob Hicok's By way of introduction, which received 4 of the remaining votes.

Some of the votes, with some comments by the voters, are in the comments section of the call for votes from last Sunday.

The first and second place poems were two of the three I considered voting for; in the end, though, I voted for Stemming from Stevens, by Lisa Williams. I seem to have been the only person who liked that poem, as I was the only one to vote for it!

I posted a separate post on Brackenbury's poem here.

My thanks to everyone who voted. I'll be posting the call for votes for week two on Sunday morning.

No comments: