Friday, December 30, 2022

Updating the list of books I have taught in courses on contemporary Anglophone poetry since 2016

While preparing my post yesterday with eight great twenty-first century Anglophone poems from the United States, I noticed that my post from 2019 with the books for my seminars on contemporary poetry at the University of Basel needed updating with the last two semesters I taught the course. I've now taught the course six times, at six books per course, with poets from the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jamaica, Liberia, India, and Trinidad and Tobago. Although it will be in a different format (verse novels), I'll add two more countries to the list next term, with works by Anne Carson from Canada and Les Murray from Australia. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 30 December 2022)

 



No comments: