Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Fifth Daily Poem Project, Week Two Results

THE FIFTH DAILY POEM PROJECT, WEEK TWO RESULTS

The winner of the second week of my fifth Daily Poem Project is Edward Field's "Cataract op," which received 8 votes out of 29 cast.

In second place was John Kinsella's A Meeting of the Birds," with seven votes, while Michael Dickman's "Seeing Whales" came in third with six votes. Those three poems received 21 of the 29 votes; the other four poems split the remaining eight among them (with each poem receiving at least one vote).

My thanks to everyone who voted. I'll be posting the call for votes for week two on Sunday mornin, March 8.

The winner of week one was Sherod Santos, Film Noir.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Okay, it's consistent. I always vote for the second-placing poem.

Andrew Shields said...

That's cool, isn't it? It allows you to feel like an insider and an outsider at the same time. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to have perfected finally my last-place selections. Thank you, Andrew, for leading me to this life milestone.

Andrew Shields said...

Doug, you can praise yourself on the singularity and distinctiveness of your aesthetic preferences!