Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Choosing to teach online rather than in person at the University of Basel

With the Swiss government ending some coronavirus restrictions, the University of Basel announced that some courses could return to in-person teaching on Monday, 26 April. While two of my current courses were scheduled to be online for the whole semester, the other three could have returned to the classroom for the last six sessions. When I told the students I didn't want to do so, none of the 35 participants objected, and quite a few said that, in the current situation, they preferred to stay online anyway. And in an English Department staff meeting today, I learned that almost all of my colleagues had also heard the same from their students. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 20 April 2021)


No comments: