Sunday, August 15, 2021

My tenth Hildegard Lernt Fliegen concert and my twentieth Andreas Schärer concert

I first saw Swiss vocalist Andreas Schärer and his band Hildegard Lernt Fliegen at the Willisau Jazz Festival in 2012 on a double bill with the Bill Frisell Quartet (whom I'd seen several times already). I was so taken by Schärer I began to go to his concerts regularly, and yesterday, I saw Hildegard Lernt Fliegen for the tenth time – and Schärer for the twentieth. That's more often than I've seen Frisell; I've only seen The Grateful Dead more often than that. But I saw the Dead over eighty times (and a couple dozen Jerry Garcia shows on top of that), so I've got a few more Schärer concerts to go! (Andrew Shields, #111words, 15 August 2021)


Hildegard Lernt Fliegen, Burgdorf, 14 August 2021


No comments: