Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Listening to The Rolling Stones as a child and a teen in the 60s and 70s

In the late 1960s, my parents listened to now-classic singers and bands, including The Rolling Stones. By the late 1970s, though, baroque music was my parents' favorite; one composer whose name I heard often was Georg Telemann. So the first Rolling Stones music I discovered by myself was "Some Girls" in 1978, especially the "Miss You" single. Today I put on a few songs from it and paid attention to Charlie Watts on drums. He's quoted on the "Miss You" page on Wikipedia: "A lot of those songs [...] were heavily influenced by going to the discos. You can hear it in a lot of those four-to-the-floor and the Philadelphia-style drumming." (Andrew Shields, #111words, 25 August 2021)

 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Missyoustones.jpg




No comments: