Saturday, May 29, 2021

Returning in thought with Adam Zagajewski to a concert by Hildegard Lernt Fliegen

One reason for praise in Adam Zagajewski's poem "Try to Praise the Mutilated World" (translated by Clare Cavanagh) is the experience of listening to live music: "Return in thought to the concert where music flared." Of the hundreds of concerts I've attended in my life, those who know me might expect me to think of one by The Grateful Dead (and if I did, it would have been 22 July 1984 in Ventura, California), but the one that comes to mind took place on 18 July 2018 at the Stimmen Festival in Lörrach: Hildegard Lernt Fliegen (also still the last band I have seen live, in Freiburg on 11 March 2020). (Andrew Shields, #111words, 29 May 2021)

 

https://ais.badische-zeitung.de/piece/09/3a/1b/c3/154803139.jpg
Andreas Schärer of Hildegard Lernt Fliegen, photo by Barbara Ruda





No comments: