Tuesday, May 11, 2021

At the vaccination center in Basel

Outside the vaccination center is a line waiting for backpacks and purses to be checked, but it goes quickly. Inside is a first waiting area with lines of chairs, and someone says where to sit and when to go downstairs to where everyone gets their temperature checked and waits in more lines of chairs for registration. That goes quickly, and after even more chairs, there’s a single line to stand in where I take a picture of one of the striking paintings hanging everywhere. Then I get sent to room 18 for my shot of the BioNTech vaccine. After another line, I wait fifteen minutes beside another painting before going home. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 11 May 2021)

 

Painting next to the last line I waited in.

 
I sat by the trees during the waiting time after the shot.

 

 


No comments: