Tuesday, July 11, 2023

From admiring Taylor Swift’s songwriting in 2015 to wanting to get tickets this week for her Zurich concerts next year

In November 2015, music journalist Marc Krebs interviewed me to promote a presentation I gave on writing lyrics for the Basel music series Mitten in der Woche. At the end of the interview, he asked me what pop act I thought had unexpectedly good lyrics, and I immediately said, "Taylor Swift". I specifically mentioned "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and "Mean", as well as how my daughters Luisa and Sara, then 11 and 9, loved her songs. Now it's eight years later, and on Thursday, Luisa, Andrea, and I will be trying to buy tickets for her concerts in Zurich in July 2024. We've all got the presale links! (Andrew Shields, #111words, 11 July 2023)

No comments: