Sunday, March 06, 2022

Remembering watching "Die Sendung mit der Maus" with my children – almost on the show's 51st birthday

Almost every Sunday between about 2004 and 2016, I watched the German television show "Die Sendung mit der Maus" with one or more of my children. The half-hour show's subtitle is "Stories to Laugh and Learn", and the spots alternate between cartoons (stories to laugh) and explanations of everything from how bicycle chains are made to what dark matter is. I haven't watched it during the pandemic, but given what they've always done since it began broadcasting on 6 March 1971 (a coincidence I was unaware of when I started writing this), I'm certain that the best explanations of the virus, vaccinations, and epidemiology were on "Die Sendung mit der Maus". (Andrew Shields, #111words, 6 March 2022)


No comments: