Sunday, March 13, 2022

My impression that students are catching covid more than ever

Several students have recently reported positive coronavirus-tests to me. My impression is that more students are catching covid now than ever. This impression might not be well grounded: while we were online, students might have attended Zoom sessions despite testing positive, and I never have over one hundred students per semester in my classes. But evidence with a solid statistical basis suggests my impression might be justified: the fourteen-day rate of infections in Switzerland may not be higher than ever (the all-time peak was at the beginning of February 2022), but it is higher now than it ever has been during a semester, and practically no epidemiological measures are in place. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 13 March 2022)


No comments: