Thursday, May 12, 2022

The Literati: My one-time performance with Frank Wenzel and Axel Rüst, playing literary songs

Yesterday, I was so busy I never got to my daily prose. In the evening was my final rehearsal with singer Frank Wenzel and guitarist Axel Rüst for our one-time performance as The Literati at the English Department in Basel tomorrow evening (Friday the 13th; Nadelberg 6; we play from 9:30 to 10 pm). We'll by playing a short set of songs based on literary texts (some covers; some written by me). Frank and Axel are two of my many former students who are excellent musicians: Frank sings with Sandro Corbat in Les Frères Lumières, and Axel plays guitar with Bleu Roi and is the singer, songwriter, and bandleader of Cloudride. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 12 May 2022)

No comments: