Saturday, October 02, 2021

Phone numbers, PIN codes, passwords, and memorization

These days, if I want to share a phone number with someone, and it's not my own phone number, I have to look the number up. Before smart phones and cell phones and phones with memories, though, I always had several dozen phone numbers memorized, mostly not from trying to memorize them but just dialing them often. Only one of those old numbers I memorized is still around – my sister's number in Massachusetts that she's had since the mid-1990s. But I still remember lots of arbitrary sequences of numbers – mostly PIN codes. And I even have quite a few passwords memorized, too – again, from having to put them in often enough. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 2 October 2021)


VINTAGE ROTARY PHONE AND PUSH BUTTON PHONE - Big Valley ...

No comments: