Saturday, September 18, 2021

"The club is temporarily closed due to a legal order": The Bird's Eye Jazz Club in Basel

Since I bought my one-year pass to Basel's Bird's Eye Jazz Club in July, I've attended twelve concerts there: three each by the Hans Feigenwinter Trio and a Chico Freeman band, plus single shows led by Slawek Plizga, Joe Haider, Fabio Gouvêa, Arismar do Espirito Santo, and Guillermo Klein (with the Swiss Jazz Orchestra), as well as the band Katom. I'd made a reservation for saxophonist Linda Sikhakhane last night, but the club called me to say they wouldn't be open; as their website says: "The club is temporarily closed due to a legal order." After they didn't implement the covid certificate, their alternative approach was rejected by the local government. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 18 September 2021)


 


No comments: