Saturday, July 03, 2021

A Novel of Anomaly in Winterthur's Villa Sträuli

On 12 May 1999, I took the train to Winterthur to go to a unique solo-bass concert by one of my favorite musicians, Dave Holland. He played many of his own compositions, and other tunes from "God Bless the Child" to a composition by Anthony Braxton. Today, I took the train to Winterthur again to go to a noontime concert at Villa Sträuli featuring another favorite, singer Andreas Schärer, with the band A Novel of Anomaly: Kalle Kalima on guitar, Luciano Biondini on accordion, and Lucas Niggli on drums. It was my 19th concert by Andreas since I first saw him with his band Hildegard Lernt Fliegen in Willisau in 2012. (Andrew Shields, #111words, 3 July 2021)


Lucas Niggli, Kalle Kalima, Andreas Schärer, Luciano Biondini: A Novel of Anomaly, Winterthur, Villa Sträuli, 3 July 2021


No comments: