Okay, here's my list of killer songs to listen to, again in alphabetical order (as with my songs to play list):
1. Down on the Corner, by Creedence Clearater Revival
Or when played by Blues Nettwork, a Basel blues band, with a tuba playing the bass line.
2. It's a Wonderful World, by Louis Armstrong
Especially at the end of the Madeline movie with Frances McDormand, when Madeline and her fellow pupils are running around overjoyed!
3. London Calling, by The Clash
4. Love Has Come To Town, by Talking Heads
What a bass line!
5. Loving Cup, by The Rolling Stones
But actually, it was Phish doing this one live that really blew my mind.
6. Morning Dew, by The Grateful Dead
Especially Terrapin Station - Drums - Space - Morning Dew in Ventura, July 22, 1984.
7. Mystery Achievement, by The Pretenders
Another brilliant bass line. Jack Sayers used to play this one brilliantly in various bands back in my Stanford days.
8. Spring and All, by Greg Brown
That's just my Greg song for today.
9. Visions of Johanna, by Bob Dylan
The Dylan song I love most at the moment, after the brilliant version in Zurich a few weeks ago.
10. Who Are You?, by Tom Waits
Or any other T. W. ballad.