Monday, February 10, 2014

Similes

I wonder if anyone will be able to identify the source of all these similes. It's a complete list of all the similes in the source.

SIMILES

like a thief
like a plea, not a challenge
like a thirsty beast
like a stranger
like an impatient spectator
like a board
like a sailor
like a man stung by a bee
like a child
like a clerk
like torture
like a President of a Court
like a jewel
like an ignorant child
like a lawyer
like a reproach
like a litany
like an empty niche
like a mute
like a light
like a dog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll guess Kafka, The Trial. The last simile is K's last utterance, yes? At least I recall that he says it aloud. "Like an empty niche" is in it as well, I think. Anyway, that's my guess and I'm sticking' to it!

Andrew Shields said...

Kafka it is! I figured "like a dog" would give it away to those who know the book well.